Please check back, as we continuously change/add job postings.
To Apply, click here to download an application for employment.
Relief Staff - Residential Domestic Violence Shelter
Shelter Services staff have the direct responsibility of the provision of domestic violence services to the victims and their families who are residing in the shelter. This person is called in when our residential shelter staff is off and their shift/shifts need to be covered.While it is not mandatory to accept every shift offered, this position requires flexibility and open scheduling. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to relate on a non-judgmental, supportive basis to individuals and groups with a wide range of issues
- Ability to handle emergency, crisis situations on an independent basis, (training provided)
- Ability to interact well with diverse persons, organizations and/or groups
- Knowledge of socio/cultural dynamics of victimization
- Ensuring security of residents while in shelter
- Answering the 24/7 Crisis Line. (training provided)
- Computer documentation and knowledge of office equipment.
- Transporting Clients, (valid driver’s license required)
Job Type: Relief Staff
Salary: $11.67 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day/Evening/Night shift
- Monday to Sunday
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our staff and clients safe from COVID-19 we practice CDC guidelines of washing hands regularly, remaining a distance of 6ft from each other, and wearing masks.
- Associate’s Degree Preferred
- Experience working with victims of crime preferred
- One location